Monday, October 17, 2011

Halloween Blood Splatter Nails!

It's almost Halloween! It's by far my favorite holiday and I'm obsessed with painting my nails. So what could be better than Halloween inspired nails? Nothing!

These are more creepy than cute, but I'm still in love with them. You only need a few materials and it's really fun!

Here's the finished product:


Here are all the materials you will need:

1. Base Coat (I used China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base Coat  - $5.99 - Sally's Beauty Supply)
2. Red Nail Polish (I used Sinful Colors in Ruby Ruby - $1.99 - Drugstores)
3. White Nail Polish  (I used Sinful Colors in Snow Me White - $1.99 - Drugstores)
4. Top Coat (I used China Glaze Fast Forward Top Coat - $5.99 - Sally's Beauty Supply)
5. A Plastic Straw (You can get these anywhere)



Step 1: Clean your nails and remove all nail polish using nail polish remover.

Step 2: Apply one coat of base coat.

Step 3: Apply two coats of white nail polish.

Step 4: Using the nail polish brush, drop 5-8 drops of red nail polish onto a piece of paper or a sandwich bag.

Step 5: Take your straw and dip one end into the red nail polish.

Step 6: Place the straw 1/2 of an inch away from your nail, take a deep breath, and blow hard. If it doesn't work at first, you probably just need to dip it into the polish again.

Step 7: Using nail polish remover on a Q-Tip, remove all of the unwanted polish on your finger.

Step 8: Apply your top coat and enjoy! :)

1 comment: