Thursday, May 30, 2013

Galaxy Nails - Affordable Polishes!

Okay, so I'm pretty much obsessed with everything galaxy (leggings, blouses, NAILS). Not sure if this is from my childhood obsession with Zenon, or because it's freaking awesome and who wouldn't want to be covered in galaxy print?! Zetus Lupetus!

Galaxy nails can seem a bit over whelming because there are quite a few polishes used, but the end result is totally worth it and it really is almost impossible to mess up. I usually do this to my nails when I want some type of nail art, but don't want to spend a lot of time doing it. Although it looks/seems to be time consuming, it really isn't.

I'm always getting a lot of compliments everytime I do this to my nails, so I thought I'd show you all MY way (there are a million) used with affordable, drugstore polishes.





Here's what you'll need:

1. Base Coat (I used Seche Vite Base Coat - $7.99 - Sally's Beauty Supply)
2. Black or Black Sparkle Nail Polish (I used Finger Paints in Where Art Renoir? - $5 - Sally's)
3. Medium Blue Nail Polish (I used Finger Paints in Art You Blue? - $5 - Sally's)
4. Dark Blue Nail Polish (I used Finger Paints in Cerulean Seascape - $5 - Sally's)
5. Light Orange Nail Polish (I used Funky Fingers in Peach Punch - $2 - FiveBelow)
6. Darker Orange Nail Polish (I used L'Oreal in Orange You Jealous? - $6 - Drugstores)
7. Pale Yellow Nail Polish (I used Sinful Colors in Unicorn - $1.99 - Drugstores)
8. White Nail Polish (I used Sinful Colors in Snow Me White - $1.99 - Drugstores)
9. Multi-Glitter Nail Polish (I used Funky Fingers in Flashing Lights - $2 - FiveBelow)
10. Top Coat (I used Seche Vite Top Coat - $7.99 - Sally's)
11. Dotting Tool (I got a set of 5 for $5 from eBay)
12. Q-Tip or Make-Up Sponge



Step 1: Clean your nails and remove all nail polish using nail polish remover.

Step 2: Apply one coat of base coat, let dry.

Step 3: Apply two coats of black nail polish, let dry.


Step 4: Using a Q-Tip, smudge the dark blue first, then the light blue over top, in an oval shape. Make sure to leave some black still showing.


Step 5: Using a Q-Tip again, smudge the dark orange, then the light orange in the middle of the blue shape.


Step 6: Still using the Q-Tip, smudge the pale yellow over top of all the colors, making sure all of the other colors can still be seen.


Step 7: Using a small dotting tool, add a few white dots scattered randomly. Cover the whole nail in multi-sparkle polish.

Step 8: Apply one coat of top coat.





I hope you all try this one out! Protozoa would want you to. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment