Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Candy Cane Nails

It's Christmas time! Which means I'll be posting a few Christmas themed nail designs throughout the month because I think they're the cutest and I love being festive! :)

I decided to start off with Candy Cane nails because they're my favorite Christmas candy (only the original) and I thought they were simple yet super cute.

Here's the end result:

Here's what you'll need:

1. Base Coat (I used China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base Coat - $5.99 - Sally's Beauty Supply)
2. White Nail Polish (I used Essie in Blanc - $8.99 - Drugstores or Essie)
3. Red Nail Polish (I used Essie in Lollipop - $8.99 - Drugstores or Essie)
4. Top Coat (I used China Glaze Fast Forward Top Coat - $5.99 - Sally's Beauty Supply)
5. Scotch Tape



Step 1: Clean your nails and remove all nail polish using nail polish remover.

Step 2: Apply one coat of base coat.

Step 3: Apply 2 coats of white nail polish. LET DRY COMPLETELY.

Step 4: Cut off a piece of scotch tape about one inch long. Cut in half length-wise.

Step 5: Place the tape diagonal on the top and bottom of your ring finger nail until you have a diagonal stripe in the middle.

Step 6: Apply two coats of red nail polish. LET COMPLETELY DRY.

Step 7: Remove tape.

Step 8: Cut off another piece of tape about one inch long. Cut in half length-wise.

Step 9: Place one piece of tape on a diagonal in the top corner, and one at the bottom corner. Apply two coats of red nail polish and let dry completely.

Step 10: Remove tape.

Step 11: If your lines aren't completely straight, you can clean it up with a small white or red nail art brush.

Step 12: Continue these steps on your thumb, or whichever other nails you choose.

Step 13: Apply one coat of top coat.



Enjoy and I hope everyone is enjoying their wonderful month of December! :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment