Monday, October 24, 2011

Organization for your jewelry & beauty items

Organizing your jewelry, make-up, and hair accessories can make your life a lot easier and make your room look more organized and clean!

I'm seriously obsessed with organization and have major OCD so I literally have a specific spot for everything I own. If you're like me, or just want a little more order in your room, I'll show you the way I organize my belongings to make life easier.


Jewelry
If you have a lot of costume jewelry like me, finding jewelry holders can be difficult because most are made for real jewelry. Here's how I hold mine:

Necklaces: Since most of my necklaces are really long, I hang them from the wall.

Step 1: Determine how wide your rectangle needs to be depending on how many necklaces you have. You may want to do one push pin for each necklace, but I group some of mine together.

Step 2: Tape off your rectangle with painter's tape (prices vary but mine was $5.99 from Michael's Arts & Crafts)

Step 3: Using any paint you have (I just used a tube of acrylic paint at Michael's Arts & Crafts - $.59) paint your rectangle with 1-2 coats. Let Dry.

Step 4 (Optional): Using a pencil, sketch swirls or any other design you'd like. Then, go over with Sharpie or paint.

Step 5: Put the push pins up and hang your necklaces.



Earrings: These are pretty easy to organize. Many stores have a big variety of earring holders.

Mine was a gift, but you can find them at Home GoodsMarshalls, and Bed Bath & Beyond or this Mosaic Owl Jewelry Stand - $14.99 from Urban Outfitters.



Rings: Ring holders in jewelry boxes normally only hold small rings, so if you have chunky cocktail rings, try these:
I used a small dish I got at Old Navy that was around $5.00.

You could also use:
Love Bunnies Ring Holder - $12.00 - Urban Outfitters


Hair Items & other Accessories:

Hair Accessories:
I used an organization bin from Target for $10.00

Hair Tools: 
I just used push pins on my wall and hung my blow dryer, straightener, curling iron, etc. 

Scarves, Nail Polish, and other items:
I'm obsessed with this Over-the-Door Vanity Station from Urban Outfitters - $89.00



Make-Up
Having all of your make-up just thrown in a make-up bag or drawer can cause your make-up to break, which becomes a huge mess.

These little storage drawers can be found at just about any store and keep your make-up in it's best condition.  I got mine from Walmart for $7.99. Label it if you're super OCD and psychotic like me! ;)


I hope some of you try some of these, you'll be amazed at just how much easier it is to get ready in the morning without everything just throw around.

No comments:

Post a Comment